Five for Friday
Doodle Bugs you rock! Thank you for hosting this linky party again! It is always so nice to catch up on everyone’s week!
1. I have “claimed” my blog on Blog lovin. That means that you can follow my blog in a super easy, readable format. Bloglovin is an awesome (Free) app that lets you read your favorite blogs in a user friendly way! Love it! I have already started following all my faves and even added a few new ones.
2. Golf ball? As our move to sunny Florida draws closer I am starting to think about our future place that I am going to get to decorate! Oh, did I mention that we don’t have a place to live yet?! Yikes! Well, the fact that I don’t have a home yet is not stopping me from thinking about the decor. Right now I am planning to create a beachy, vintage, rustic atmosphere. In my mind that means our home will have a lot of tans, whites, and grays with pops of coral, aqua and yellow. That is why when I was walking through the clearance aisle at Target and spotted this gem, I knew I had to have it! A ceramic, white lamp that looks like a piece of coral (I think). Seriously I am obsessed and the fact that it was only $13 made me like it even more. It didn’t come with a lampshade but I am looking forward to the hunt for the perfect shade! Now on to the golf ball portion of the story. On two separate occasions my mom and dad both looked at the lamp and asked why I purchased a golf ball lamp. I was a bit disheartened when I heard them say that but… then I was over it! 🙂 I am still in love and can’t wait to find a home for it in our new home. 🙂
3. Classroom Theme…As you know Mr. Blue Eyes, Baby Blue, and I are moving to Florida which means I am starting a new job and getting a new classroom. I have already packed all my classroom possessions and they are sitting in storage awaiting the move. I’m trying to get as much done ahead of time because I will not have a lot of time between arriving in Florida and students entering my classroom. In my previous school we have always had a school theme and we had to follow that theme in our own classroom. I am not one for themes because I follow the design motto that says as long as you are collecting and putting things that you love into a room it will look great and work together. Matchy-matchy is so not my thing. A more eclectic design approach appeals to my eyes. That is why when I heard that my new school does not follow a theme I was over the moon! I am on the hunt for classroom decor that catches my eye because I believe it will all work beautifully together. My latest purchase was Cara Carroll’s Chalk One up for Being Organization pack on TPT. Seriously, I want to be best friends with Cara! 🙂 This pack is awesome and a wonderful building block for the decor in my new classroom!
4. Working it out … Tracy Anderson style… Bikinis and short shorts are the name of the game in Florida. That is why I have been trying to get back into a more regimented workout schedule. It sure is tough with all the barbecues, drinks, desserts, s’mores, and all the yumminess that summertime has to offer. Recently I have been running a lot with Baby Blue and then I mix in the Tracy Anderson Metamorphis cardio dance and muscular structure. The cardio dance is 30 minutes of straight dancing cardio. I love it! I crank my iPod and rock out. Then there is a complimentary 30 minute muscular portion that works your arms, abs, and legs. Some of the moves look and feel strange but seriously they work! Hopefully I can keep my eating in check! 🙂
5. Speaking of eating… My sweet friend is having a graduation party tomorrow and I am bringing one of my favorite appetizers. It is strawberry bruschetta. It is seriously yummy because it is made with goat cheese which I am obsessed with. I could eat the whole container before making the appetizer. Anyways, back to the recipe. This recipe was one of my very first pins ever! Here is the original link and here is the recipe with a slight adjustment. I like using Balsamic Vinaigrette salad dressing instead of balsamic vinegar.
1 Cup diced strawberries
1 French Baguette
1 Tbsp. Sugar
4 Oz. Goat Cheese
1 Tbsp. Olive Oil
1 Tsp. Balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 Cup Minced Basil
Sprinkle Fresh Ground Pepper
Well that is all I have for you tonight! I have my sweet little niece and nephew sleeping over and boy, oh boy are they full of energy! Off to put my feet up! 🙂
Have a wonderful weekend!