This is my very first Five for Friday Linky Party with Doodle Bugs! I know my blog is not specifically a teaching blog but I figured that since I am a teacher I can link up with it! 🙂
First of all I just returned from a week long spring break trip to Destin, Florida and it was amazing! I missed all my sweet firsties at school but it was nice to do some relaxing with my family!
1. My sweet niece and nephew had a blast on the beach in Destin, Florida…well maybe, you decide. 🙂
2. Shopping Time … While on Spring Break I got to spend some time with my bestie, Ricki. She also happens to be my cousin (through marriage … long story). Ricki came with me to the JCREW outlet in Destin and we definitely scored. Here are my purchases!
3. My sweet gift. I mentioned my best friend Ricki before and now I will explain the long story of how we are now related. Ricki and I have been best friends since high school in Oconomowoc, Wisconsin. She is seriously the most amazing friend that anyone could ask for. She is kind, compassionate, caring, funny… I can’t say enough about Rickster. So anyways back to how we met. In high school we became best friends and spent many, many days together. One day I was sleeping over at her house and I met her super handsome cousin, Adam. Well long story short Ricki and I became college roommates for 4 years and then I ended up dating that super, handsome cousin of hers. Then I even ended marrying him and he became my Mr. Blue Eyes. That is how my best friend became my cousin! 🙂 Well, last year my best friend, Ricki moved to Rosemary Beach, Florida and it was so sad. I have never lived more than 4 minutes from Ricki and having her move to Florida really shook me and the family. Rosemary Beach, Florida happens to be only about 25 minutes from Destin, Florida where my family goes. That is why this week I got to spend some time with my bestie and over course she was thinking of me and gave me the most beautiful gift! When I arrived to her house she handed me a bag with these earrings wrapped inside! Oh my gosh! I am obsessed! I think I have worn them everyday since she gave them to me!
4. A family visit. I was able to spend time with (almost) my whole family while down in Florida and I loved it!
5. Our new home! This is a big announcement! Mr. Blue Eyes and I have been praying about our decision and the Lord has been pushing us to make a move to the beach… We are moving the panhandle of Florida! Mr. Blue Eyes and I could not be more excited. I spent some time this week visiting the area schools in hopes of making some connections and finding a job because I can not imagine my life without teaching. It is part of me and I truly love it. I will be posting more information soon about packing and moving. Cheers to new adventures!
Have a great weekend! Talk to you soon.