It’s a Very Burlap Christmas, Part 1
With the holiday season fast approaching I wanted to begin decorating. As I started digging in my closets and bins I quickly realized that my Christmas decorations were missing (bummer 🙁 ). They were in one of the few bins we had to leave behind during the move. The bins we did cart down with us contained a few of our Christmas items but most of them were left in Wisconsin. If I was planning to decorate I was going to have to get creative.
I knew that whatever decorations I did create burlap was going to be key because I love the way it looks (beachy and rustic) and I also had an obscene amount left over after the creation of the burlap bedskirt, Here.
I headed to Hobby Lobby and Pinterest to get some inspiration and that is when my first burlap project was born. Here are a few of the inspiration pictures…
Burlap Christmas Trees
After getting some inspiration I headed back to Hobby Lobby to pick up some supplies. For this project I just needed to get 3 foam Christmas trees (3 different sizes) because I already had the burlap, glue gun and glue stick.
To begin this project I cut the burlap into strips. I did not measure the strips it was more of an eyeball situation! 😉 However, if you are more particular than me you could definitely do some exact measuring.
When the strips were cut I began to glue. I wanted my Christmas trees to look fluffy, full and unique. I started by gluing the strip to the top of the tree and then I gluing a loop, then another, then another, and so on…
I repeated this step until the whole tree was covered.
When the loops were completed I glued the bottom part of each loop to the foam to give the trees a cleaner look.
When I finally finished the 3 trees they felt like they were missing something. That is when I headed to Target and found some really cute ribbon in the dollar bin!
I decided to make the ribbon look (somewhat) like berries. To do that I cute the ribbon into strips then put a dab of glue in the center. Then I pinched the ribbon in half (horizontally) and held it until the glue was cool (about 3-5 seconds). After that I pinched the ribbon in half again (vertically) and put another dab of glue on. Finally I stuck these berry looking ribbons all over the trees.
To finish off the top of the tree I made a little ribbon bow for each of the trees.
Here is the finished product!
As you can see I am still debating on where these little darlings belong!